Sunday, November 18, 2007

Compelled to write

Today is a perfect day for writing. It's snowing outside, and just beautiful. I miss my boys terribly on days like today. I wonder if they would be catching snowflakes on their tongues.

Yesterday my Mom told me something rather suprising. Suprising, I guess, becuase I didn't think anyone else REALLY thought about us. My grandfather said something to her about Thanksgiving. He said, "How can I be happy and joyful for Alexa and the baby when I see so much pain in Becky and Derick's eyes?" He said that he's happy my cousin and her baby are coming in for Thanksgiving, but he knows that it's going to be difficult for the rest of us. It kills me that he has to know that babies die. He's such a loving, kind, generous man. And he adores all babies. But it just kills me that he lost his innocence as well.

Derick got a tattoo for the boys. When I find my camera, I'll take a picture of it! Lol! It's a cross, with blue tribal stuff in the background. At the bottom it says, "In memory of Dylan and Riley." He came home and showed it to me. Before thinking about what I was saying, I blurted out "Oh that's nice. There's even room at the bottom for the next baby." Yikes! It prompted a long talk with Derick and him trying, unsuccessfully, to get me to understand that we aren't going to loose any more babies.

Well...whatever....

How do you change a person's view on the way of life that they have become accustomed to?

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On another note, I've gotten most of my things hung up here. I attempted to do it myself last night, but after one broken drill bit and almost falling off of the step stool Derick decided he would help!

I can't believe we're home!

Last night as we were laying in bed Derick said, "We could put the bassenette here and the crib could go in the living room on the other side of the couch." I'm like, what? Are you serious? Haha, it made me feel good again to make plans about the future.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

I wish it would snow here!!! I have to admit, I am a little jealous :)

Congrats on moving in and getting settled in. I can't wait for the pictures of your new home and the tattoo. My husband races cars for a hobby and on his helmet he wrote "In loving memory of Samuel Andrew and the birthdate" In February, we had to add another name on the helmet. There isn't anymore room for a third baby. I'm hoping that's a sign, that it won't happen because I can't deal with having to make any more space.

Take care of yourself and plan for your future. This will not be your life forever.

Anonymous said...

It is going to happen for you! God brought us together due to our losses. If it would have not been for you I would have not made it through out the year. Thank you for always being there!

Take care and God Bless!

~Jessica~