Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maybe this IS going to work?!

This is the week. Our first milestone.

Somedays I'm afraid to even move, and other days I feel so confident that I sail through my days. I go from being afraid to even move to doing regular household chores (modified a bit of course).

It's almost baffeling really. I know the other shoe should have dropped already, but it hasn't. And why hasn't it? Is this REALLY going to work?

We went to the Peri today. My cervix is long and closed measuring 3.5cm. I'm amazed, today. And I really think that we'll make it on to 18 weeks. Then, I guess, we'll re-evaluate things again.

The best part of the day....

IT'S A GIRL!!

We can't believe we are going to have a little girl! Derick is a bit nervous, and when I close my eyes I dream of frilly, pink...things! Everything pink. It's going to be disgusting, I know. I'm appologizing to myself and the baby as we speak.

I can't believe we've made it this far without any problems. We have her u/s pictures, and as I was looking at them I realized that the only other u/s at 16-17 weeks that I've seen of my children showed them dead or dying. That was obviously the farthest thing from this little girl's mind.

One more week. That's all we have to do and then we are going to be home free...

9 comments:

mrsmuelly said...

Congratulations! A girl...hmmm, that's a lot of pink! I am very excited for you - truly. I will be thinking of you and your little girl the next couple weeks. It really IS going to work!

~JLL~ said...

Congratulations! It really IS going to work! I pray for you and your husband daily. It baffles me sometimes that I have made it this far. Everything IS going to be alright! Take care and God Bless!

Monica H said...

Yay for a girl! Do you feel because it's a girl, things will be different?

I am quite impressed with your cervical length- you go girl!

BTW, how far along are you and when is your due date?

Anonymous said...

this is the best most encouraging news ever. I am so happy things are finally going according to normal plans and that you seem happy and a bit less stressed. I wish you nothing but the best and all the luck in the world, which it seems you don't even need!

Anonymous said...

Hooooooraaaaaaayyyyy!!
Oh I am just so happy for you!!! I know how much those milestones mean. And that cervical length! Yeehaw!

How wonderful you are going to have a girl! Enjoy it! Buy every pink or frilly thing your heart desires! My house is SOOOOO pink since I finally got to bring home my girl.

It IS going to work! I believe that with all my heart. I can't wait to read your post once you cross that next milestone.

Much love and God Bless!

Becky said...

Monica,
I do think that since it is a girl things will be differently. I think that if it were a boy I would be thinking that it's going to go just like it has in the past. It would make me crazy comparing everything. At least with a girl I can realistically think "Different baby, different sex, different pregnancy, different cerclage....different outcome." Otherwise I don't think I would make it out of here alive : )

Due date is 10/1 but c-section at 38 weeks so sometime mid-end of September. I'm into my 16th week now which is both the scariest feeling and the best feeling.

samill said...

Congratulations!!

And so good to hear the TAC is working for you.

Anonymous said...

are you still holding your breath? I hope all is well Becky. Thinking of you often.

Cajun Cutie said...

Hey Becky,
I bought a few things for your baby a while back right after you found out you were preggo. I would very much like to send them to ya. I understand if you still want me to hold off on sending them. Just email me and let me know. I Miss you.