Saturday, November 08, 2008

Chunky Monkey

Lisa and I took Lily for her pictures yesterday. The intent was to get her Christmas picture taken, but she had other ideas! So we ended up with some really great newborn pictures and we are going to go back to get her Christmas pictures done. She screamed so loud she turned purple! Then a not-so-nice man told us that we had to hurry up and they couldn't even give me 5 minutes to get her calmed down. Ah, that's another rant though...

All in all, they did a wonderful job and I'm very happy with them.




When she took the picture with the feather's, I cried. She looked just like an angel. And of course, I couldn't help but think about who wasn't there.

As we were packing up to leave, it hit me again. Thank God I was with Lisa. Someone who understood what I didn't say. It was bittersweet, as was Halloween. I suppose that every other
first will be the same way. That's why they call it grief. It comes at you when you least expect it. It's always there even when it's disguised as joy.

9 comments:

heathers243 said...

OMG. She is GORGEOUS! I love all the pictures...can't even try to pick a favorite. I didn't get J's pictures taken until he was 6 months old and I totally regret it. He was already a big boy then. What I wouldn't give for some naked baby pictures :)

CLC said...

Awesome pix!! She is such a darling!

Monica H said...

What a beautiful little girl. The pictures are so sweet. Did you get any bare booty shots :-)

BTW, where did you take her for her first photo shoot?

M said...

Oh she looks so beautiful!

Debbie said...

I absolutely love the photo of her in the polka dot dress! She's absolutely lovely, Becky. <3

~S said...

So beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL Becky! I dont think I can chose a favorite!

PS: She reminds me a lot of Andersen (although she is more girly lol) they both have that "preemie look".

BasilBean said...

Beautiful pictures Becky! I'm wondering where you had them taken, too.

Such a lovely girl and such a treasure for you to have these pictures of her.

mrsmuelly said...

She is B-E-A-Utiful! Congratulations again and again :-) My favorite is with her polka dot dress - the shoes are so tiny and cute!