Friday, March 21, 2008

Here's Tater


These first two pictures are of the TAC. The first picture is showing where the band is. The white lines are the nylon band. The second picture is showing my cervical measurement. If you can see, the cervix is the line going from the center to the top right of the picture. Just days after the surgery, my cervix measured 3.05 cm. Fantastic considering before, unpregnant, it measured 1.9. Typically the cervix 'grows' after the TAC is placed because it is so high up.





These next two pictures are of Tater at 12w. The first is his profile shot and the second shows him waiving his arms and legs. He's growing beautifully and is measuring right on track. My cervix is completely closed, and the band is only 1cm from the baby! To those of us with IC, that's very significant. It means that basically there is no room for the cervix to funnel, or the cervix cannot open from the uterus out. Vaginally, the cerclage can only be placed so high up and it typically leaves a lot of room for it to funnel. So the fact that it's so close to the baby is great news.

All this makes me think...maybe this will really work?

6 comments:

LISA said...

WHAT A GREAT LOOKING CERVIX........TATER LOOKS GREAT AS WELL.....THIS WILL WORK..... I JUST KNOW IT WILL.

Monica H said...

I'm so glad you said the first 2 pics were of the TAC because I looked and looked and couldn't make out a baby, then I thought, wow my eye sight might really be shot...lol

I noticed you refer to the baby as a HE. Do you know something and you're not sharing, or is that just your assumption?

Becky said...

Hahaha Monica! I figured that I had to explain because no one would know what the heck it was. Derick said, "Why are you showing strangers the inside of your vagina?" And I laughed and said, "They are the ONLY one's I'd ever show the inside of my vagina."

I think I refer to the baby as 'he' out of habit. Just because I'm so used to saying that with Dylan and Riley. And although I really feel like it's a girl, I would be just as happy to have a boy. I'm sure you know what I mean...little boys are so special and they love their mother's so fiercely. It's a bond that I really long for, and it really hurts when I see little boys with their mom's.

So anyway, I think it's out of longing and habit that I refer to a boy.

I still really feel a girl though. We find out on May 15th hopefully. Everytime I make that appointment I have to cancel, so hopefully we'll really get there this time.

CLC said...

What a great u/s shot. How cute is Tater?

niobe said...

Great pics and great news.

Anonymous said...

oh Becky, Tater is beautiful!! I am so happy for you and always sending good thoughts and good luck your way. thank you for your sweet comments and support especially lately.