Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today has been so bittersweet so far. Today is the 2nd anniversary of Dylan's funeral. That seems cruel, doesn't it? I've been so down about this week and thankfully it's almost over...

I awoke this morning to Derick standing over me with some roses and a tiny stuffed animal, a card, a magazine, and some Sweedish Fish. I read the card, cried, and he held me for a while. Lilo had been eyeing up the tiny stuffed animal since the moment he walked in the door. Guess what she's playing with now? Talk about spoiled...

How has your Mother's Day gone so far? Ok, I hope. I wish you all peace today and always. I have a favorite poem, that I wanted to share with you today.

Oh Mother, my Mother

Oh Mother, my mother
I touch your tears
invisible fingers
soothing your skin
I know you think of me so often
in the day, in the night,
in your dreams
going into an empty nursery
knowing I'll never be there
but I am...in your heart
in your soul, I shall always be
for you gave so unselfishly
of yourself.
Inside of you, you created
such a world for me
a world of laughter, of love
of sadness, of sorrow
every emotion people come to know
you shared with me.
And even though I may never
feel your arms around me
I felt your heart beating,
like a lullaby, singing me to sleep
and your spirit giving me a safe haven
already protecting me
nurturing me
preparing me of things to come.
But sometimes the journey
of life pulls souls apart
and yes, I had to go on
to another place.
I wish I could stay
I wish this was a decision
I could make
and I know you do too.
Know this wherever you are:
I will always remember
that yours was the first love
the first joy, the first soul
I will ever know
you gave me the courage to
go on in my journey
I hope I can do the same
for you
Your heart beat will always
call me to you.

Love, your child



Happy Mother's Day to all.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Thank you for the Mother's Day message today. I do hope your day was all you needed it to be.

Mr. H and I went to lunch at my in-laws then we went to the cemetery to see the boys. It was a quiet day.

Azaera said...

That was a beautiful poem. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy, and I love the name you picked out. It's beautiful. A wonderful way to memorialize your children, and to let your little girl know about her brothers.

~JLL~ said...

The Mother's Day message was beautiful! Glad to see that everything is going well for you. I can't believe that my journey is almost over. Little man will be here in 2 weeks.......you and your husband are in my prayers!!!! Take care.