Monday, January 07, 2008

Day three of POAS

According to my crazy cycle, I should be on CD 13 today. Which should, theoretically, mean that I'm supposed to O tomorrow.

However, I have not had a positive OPK yet. I'm starting to get a little nervous. The Doc assured me that if I was getting a period, I was ovulating. But it's like the OPK's aren't even detecting a little bit of an LH surge because there is nothing but the control line. Should I worry? Or is that just how some of them work? I've just never had them like that before. Usually something other than the control line shows up. But now, nothing.

Maybe I've just moved to a 30 or 32 day cycle. The doc also said that was not uncommon, especially due to the amount of stress I'm under. Also, childbirth can do that as can a change in hormones. So maybe I'm more likely to O around CD 15 or 16 now.

Any thoughts?

I know that it's easier to determine if I were charting. Frankly, I'm to lazy to get up and take my temp at the same time every morning. Morning Becky is not a happy Becky.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I have to take Lilo to the vet tonight at 7 pm. She's had goopy stuff coming out of her eye. And me, being the bad mother that I am, chalked it up to being a cold or part of her allergies. Until this morning....we woke up and it was pink and slightly swollen. The goopy stuff has also started to change colors and get....more goopy. The vet thinks that she might have an infection because maybe she scratched the lens or something.

Lilo, being the amazing dog that she is, never fails to get sick when we literally have no money. So my mother saved the day again. She offered to pay for her vet care until we can pay her back. After all, she says, a blind Lilo would not be a happy Lilo.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

Hey there, I like the new blog look. It's very "baby" oriented. I changed mine yesterday too! You should check it out. I reallylike it. It seems "fresh" to me.
As for your fertility questions? I'm not the one to offer info. I just let it happen, or I start freaking out about all the little stuff that I can't control. I hope it happens for you very soon.


Sorry about Lilo's eye. That sounds yucky. Maybe they'll give her some eye drops and she'll be on her way.

Debbie said...

Hey Becky, I, too, love the new blog layout!
I don't know much about temps or any of that other fertility jargon, LOL. Maybe you already are pregnant... :)

Hope Lilo's eye is better before you read this!

Becky said...

Thanks Guys! I thought that if I get into the 'baby frame of mind' good things will happen! Lol!

I'll check out yours too Monica. I was looking for something kind of simple, but I couldn't find anything that was simple and profound for the boys. So I just decided on this. It made me happy to look at, and hopefully bring good "Let's make a baby" vibes!

Cajun Cutie said...

I like the new look of the blog. In other news you can still have a period and not ovulate. I know in the past that you mentioned that you could have pcos. Have you been tested? I always have had a period and I have never ovulated. Plenty of when out there with Infertility have regular monthly AF visits and no ovulation. Good Luck!