Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm neurotic

I went for my hCG levels on Tuesday. Wednesday the doctor called and said, "It was 46. That's a little on the low side." Nothing like a little worry. Last night I was at work, went to the bathroom and I was bleeding. Not a lot, but it was bright red. I bled with Riley too the same way. I knew it was ok, but I started to freak out. I cried, thought about going home, and then I thought about how I have to stay calm. I can't stress myself out about it. If it's going to happen, I thought, there's nothing that I can do to prevent it.

So I went home, did some dishes, and laid down on the couch. I noticed that from doing the dishes, I had broken out in an allergic reaction on my hands. Apparently I'm allergic to the dishes and can't do them anymore ; )

To make a long story short, including a lot of tears and praying....the bleeding stopped this morning. It went from bright red to brown this morning. I went for my second hCG this morning and I called the doctor and she's going to try and get the results for me this tonight instead of having to wait until Monday. Only because I was bleeding and concerned.

Hopefully I'll hear something back tonight. Otherwise I'm going to be completely neurotic all weekend!

4 comments:

Cajun Cutie said...

Oh for the love of GOD can we get a fucking break? I am hoping and praying that this little miracle stays put for a very long time. Sending love, hope, and friendship.

Monica H said...

Hang in there (I'm talking to you AND the baby). I know it's best to find out right away, but I think part of the reason I was so afraid to test when I was pregnant with Sam and Jack was because I didn't want to go through what you are going through now. I ended up waiting until about 6-8 weeks to do the actual test. I'm sorry for your anxiety and I'll be praying that everything works out for the best. Email me if you need/want to!

BasilBean said...

Becky,
I'm just now reading your news. Oh, wow, what you must be going through right now. I had a lot of bleeding episodes with William, too, that were "nothing." That didn't mean that they didn't scare the life out of me when they happened. Have you gotten the HCG results back yet? Oh I do hope they don't make you wait through the weekend to get the results. I will be thinking of you and the baby and sending lots of prayers your way.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

niccalvin14 said...

becky,
i have been checking in every day to see if there is any news. i started bleeding very badly with one of my daughters, and everything turned out okay. i know that i was completely inconsolable until i knew that everything was okay. i am still praying for you every single day! i'm sending lots of hugs to you!
nicole