Friday, August 22, 2008

Almost home

We got the news today.


As we were about to leave the house for my mom's, my phone rang but I missed it. It was the hospital. My heart sank, and I dialed the voicemail to listen to the message. As it was ringing, Derick's phone rang...the hospital. He handed me the phone quickly, and I was starting to get upset.

Hello, Mrs. G? This is so and so from the hospital. I'm the discharge nurse.

Discharge nurse?!

I was calling to go over some things. Are you comfortable with a home nurse coming to check her weight and growth? Also, have they given you a date for her to come home? I'm calling because I hear it's going to be this weekend.

The discharge nurse SAYS this weekend?!

We'll go over everything before you leave, but be sure to bring her carseat tomorrow for her carseat check. I'll have some handouts regarding the nurse at her bedside waiting for you when you get there tonight.

Carseat?! Home?!

We don't have an absolute date and Derick begged me not to get my hopes up. So for now, I'm hoping that she'll be home by next Wednesday. We'll be pleasantly suprised if it's before that.

10 comments:

CLC said...

That's great news. I hope it's this weekend. The minutes must just be going so slow for you!

Debbie said...

GREAT news, Becky!

Anonymous said...

can I do a happy dance? I'm doing a happy dance and it looks ridiculous!! yay!!

hancock_alisha said...

oh that is awesome! soon you will have your baby at HOME! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Woooohooooo!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!
God Bless!

Carie

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! When my son was at Children's after having surgery I got that same call one day. Out of nowhere the nurse called and said he's coming home tomorrow. I was like you. Huh? What? But that's so awesome! We too had a home nurse and she was awesome. I'm so happy for you!

~JLL~ said...

Great news!!!! Keep me posted!

Monica H said...

wow! I am thrilled for you. how wonderful :-)

I'm joinging Chrystina in my happy dance. We're a bunch of dancing fools!

heathers243 said...

That is AWESOME!!!!

heathers243 said...

Oh wow I LOVE the new name of your blog!!