Wednesday, August 27, 2008

She's home

We were completely discharged at 6pm.

We went through the monitor training. It's pretty easy, really...but a bit overwhelming. Especially for other people. But we'll get through.

Already Lily is off of her schedule. She was supposed to eat at 8 but played with her bottle because she was mostly asleep. So she ate at 10. We just put her down and she's lying there awake, but amazed by her crib aquarium.

Her monitor just went off. Derick was right there, and I ran it. She stopped breathing, but fixed herself. Whew! I'm a wreck...

I'm afraid to leave her in there by herself. It's not like anything could happen, but I'm afraid. I just want to hold her for the rest of my life. She has the hospital monitor and a sound monitor, but I still can't help myself. It almost brings me to the point of an anxiety attack and I have to take several deep breaths to control myself! Stupid, I know...

So anyway, she's home and happy! I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get a chance. My mom is coming over in the morning and Lilo went to my aunts. She was doing alright, but really curious and it made a stressful situation more stressful. So she was happy to go in the car for a while. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to discuss my PPD. I haven't seen a difference in the meds yet, but hopefully soon. Or at least having her home will help the situation.

7 comments:

Monica H said...

Wonderful wonderful day.

Mrs Macgyver said...

I'm so thrilled for you! Can't wait to see more pics too!

Anonymous said...

hi!
i am so excited that she is home with you! that is such great news! enjoy every moment!

i hope that all goes well with your doctors appointment.
lots of hugs!
nicole
niccalvin14 from ivillage

heathers243 said...

Yay! You know what? Jason didn't sleep in a room by himself until he was over a year old, not even for naps. I have to listen to him breathing. And I still sleep with him for half the night. Enjoy this time sitting there and watching your sweet baby sleep :)

Debbie said...

So glad she's home. :)

I can't wait to see more photos!

Azaera said...

Congrats!!! So happy Lily is home

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. and I hate to say it but monitor or not, NICU or not, you'd be in there checking her breathing afraid to leave the room or ever put her down...I was like that with A. If I could hold him in bubble wrap for the rest of his life I would. you're a mom, finally in the physical sense of bringing your baby home to care and love...and you're doing wonderful. congratulations becky you deserve it!